After Activating your email address may take 48 to 72 hours. Coinbase takes this long for security reasons. It is impossible to recover your email if you don't have access to the phone number associated with your account. It may also be impossible to recover your email if the two step verification is not enabled.
Recovering a Lost Password
Being unable to get into your account because of a lost or forgotten password, you can recover it following these steps;
1. Visit the Coinbase password reset page
2. Enter the email you wish to use for account recovery
3. Click on the option reset password
4. You will receive an email with the link to reset your password
5. Open the new password page and change your password
6. Click on the confirmation button to complete the change
Working with Coinbase, you want everything to go according to plan. Using a 2FA account authentication gives you confidence that your account is safe. If you do not keep your account safe, you may lose your currencies. Change your password if you suspect that other people may be accessing it.
The best way to recover your Coinbase account if you need support is on the phone. You will be connected with an agent to guide you depending on your problem.